About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Seaford is 5,157, with a population density of 8.29 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Seaford is bounded by Aldam Road, Commercial Road and Seaford Road in the north, Eric Road and Main South Road in the east, Griffiths Drive and Robertson Road in the south, and Gulf St Vincent in the west.
Seaford is thought to be named after a town in East Essex, England.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (6 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the 1840s, with land used mainly for farming. Significant development did not occur until the post-war years, with land subdivided in 1954. Rapid growth took place during the 1960s, as a coastal extension of Port Noarlunga South. The population increased from the early 1990s as new dwellings were added to the area.
Seaford is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Seaford Beach, Seaford Central Shopping Centre, Seaford Recreation Centre, Seaford Community Centre, Helmsman Reserve, Quadrant Reserve, Quarry Reserve, Tiller Reserve, Whitney Reserve, the coastal recreation reserve and several schools.