About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Wiley Park is 10,743, with a population density of 79.04 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Wiley Park is bounded by Punchbowl Road in the north, McCourt Street, The Boulevarde, Kathleen Street, Ernest Street and Clio Street in the east, Canterbury Road in the south, and The Mall, Rawson Street, Hillcrest Street, Robinson Street South and Robinson Street North in the west.
Wiley Park is named after John Wiley, who bequeathed land for the park to the former Canterbury Council when he died in 1895.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1832 when the first land grant was made, with development primarily from the 1940s and 1950s. The park bequeathed by John Wiley to the Council in 1895 was progressively developed through the 1920s and 1930s, and has more recently been redeveloped as a passive recreation area with a pond and amphitheatre. The population fluctuated slightly during the 1990s, and then increased slightly between 2001 and 2011 as new dwellings were added to the area.
Wiley Park is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Wiley Park, Defoe Street Reserve, Johnsen Square, the Wiley Park railway station and several schools.