About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Hurlstone Park is 4,643, with a population density of 42.59 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Hurlstone Park is bounded by New Canterbury Road in the north, Garnet Street in the east, the Cooks River in the south, and Church Street and Canterbury Road in the west.
Hurlstone Park is named after the Agricultural High School which was located in the area.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the late 1800s, although the first land grant was in 1799. Significant development occurred in the 1890s, when a commitment was made to construct the railway. Following the completion of the railway line, the Fern Hill Station Estate was auctioned in 1895 and was bought by retailers, tradespersons and professionals. The population declined slightly between 1991 and 2006, and then increased marginally between 2006 and 2011 as new dwellings were added to the area.
Hurlstone Park is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Boat Harbour Park, Euston Park, Ewen Park, Joe Reserve, Warwick Reserve, the Hurlstone Park railway station and Edgeware School.
This area encompasses the City of Canterbury Bankstown part of the suburb of Hurlstone Park, with the remaining part of the suburb located in the Inner West Council area.