Croydon Park (part)
About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Croydon Park (part) is 4,627, with a population density of 49.36 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Croydon Park (part) is bounded by Georges River Road and the Inner West Council area in the north, Leopold Street, Leith Street and Hay Street in the east, the Cooks River in the south, and Burwood Road in the west.
Croydon Park is named after the first land subdivision in the area.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the late 1800s. Land was first subdivided in 1878, with subdivisions being settled by builders, slaters, joiners, brick-makers and Chinese gardeners who had market gardens on the fertile Cook's River floodplain. In 1889 these market gardens were devastated when 17 inches of rain fell in one weekend in Sydney. Significant development occurred from the 1910s through to the 1930s. The population increased slightly during the early 1990s, and then fluctuated slightly between 1996 and 2011, a result of small changes in dwelling stock and the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Croydon Park (part) is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Broad Street Reserve, Croydon Park, Picken Oval, Rosedale Park and St Francis Xavier Catholic School.
This area encompasses the City of Canterbury Bankstown part of the suburb of Croydon Park, with the remaining part of the suburb located in the Inner West Council area.