Condell Park - Bankstown Aerodrome
About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Condell Park - Bankstown Aerodrome is 12,149, with a population density of 16.04 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Condell Park - Bankstown Aerodrome is bounded by Rabaul Road, Link Road, Birdwood Park and Marion Street in the north, Clarence Street and Gallipoli Street in the east, the suburb of Revesby and Milperra Road in the south, and the Georges River in the west.
Condell Park is named after Ousley Condell, an early land holder. Bankstown Aerodrome is named after the airport in the area.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (8 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the 1830s. Significant development did not occur until the early 1900s. The Bankstown Airport was established in 1940, with substantial aircraft and armaments operations in use during World War 2. Rapid residential growth took place in the immediate post-war years, aided by industrial development. The population was relatively stable during the 1990s, and then increased slightly from 2001, a result of new dwellings being added to the area, particularly medium density housing.
Condell Park - Bankstown Aerodrome is an established residential area, with some industrial areas and an airport.
Major features of the area include Bankstown Airport, Georges River Golf Course, Australian Aviation Museum, Bankstown Paceway, Bankstown Showgrounds, Bankstown Basketball Stadium, Allison Reserve, Birdwood Park, Coleman Park, Dalton Reserve, Deverall Park, Grace Reserve, Kentucky Reserve, Kinch Reserve, Manahan Reserve, Rotary Park, Wattawa Reserve and several schools.