Narwee - Beverley Hills
About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Narwee - Beverley Hills is 5,432, with a population density of 32.19 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Narwee - Beverly Hills is bounded by Shorter Avenue, Beverly Hills North Public School, King Georges Road and Moorefields Road in the north, Lees Road, the Canterbury Public Golf Course and Rosebank Avenue in the east, the South Western Motorway, the Georges River Council area, King Georges Road and Broad Arrow Road in the south, and Yardley Avenue and Karne Street in the west.
Narwee is named from an Aboriginal word meaning “the sun”. Beverly Hills is thought to be named after Beverley Hills in California. It was previously called Dumbleton.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (2 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1809 when the first land grant was made. The area was characterised by forest and farms in the 1800s, then by farming and market gardening in the early 1900s. In 1912 the Intercolonial Investment Land and Building Company subdivided land which was sold as ten-acre farms of the "Graham Park Estate”. Residential development began occurring after the railway line was built in 1931, with significant development in the 1940s and 1950s when the area was settled by young families. The population increased gradually from the early 1990s as new dwellings were added to the area.
Narwee - Beverly Hills is an established residential area, with a small commercial area near the railway station.
Major features of the area include Canterbury Public Golf Course, Frappell Reserve, John Mountford Reserve, Parry Avenue Reserve, Richard Podmore Reserve, Robert Gardiner Reserve, Windarra Reserve, the Narwee railway station and two schools.
This area encompasses the City of Canterbury Bankstown parts of the suburbs of Narwee and Beverly Hill, with the remaining parts of the suburbs located in the Georges River Council area.