About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Albion is 4,929, with a population density of 19.88 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Albion is bounded by the Western Ring Road in the north, the Sydenham railway line and Anderson Road in the east, Forrest Street in the south and the Kororoit Creek in the west.
Albion is named from the ancient and literary name for Britain. It was originally known as Darlington.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (2 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1849. Growth was minimal until the 1890s, when the area developed as part of the Sunshine township. Expansion continued into the early 1900s, including the subdivision of the original ‘Sunshine estate' in 1907 and a soldier settlement scheme in the interwar period. Significant development occurred during the post-war years. The population declined slightly between 1991 and 2006, and then increased between 2006 and 2011 as new dwellings were added to the area.
Albion is an established residential and industrial area.
Major features of the area include Polish Sports & Recreation Complex, Selwyn Park, Carrington Drive Reserve, Barclay Reserve, Albion Community Centre and two schools.