About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Delahey is 8,792, with a population density of 24.73 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Delahey is bounded by Hume Drive in the north, the Sydenham railway line in the east, Taylors Road in the south and the City of Melton municipal boundary in the west.
Delahey is named after the Delahey family, who settled in the Keilor area in 1841.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (4 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the mid 1800s, with land used mainly for farming. Significant development did not occur until the mid 1980s. Rapid growth took place during the 1990s, with the population increasing five-fold between 1991 and 2001. The population then declined marginally between 2001 and 2011, a result of little dwelling growth and a decline in the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Delahey is a relatively recent residential area, with transmission towers in the south-east.
Major features of the area include Delahey Recreation Reserve, Delahey Village Shopping Centre, Delahey Emerald Park, Robinson Court Reserve, Delahey Community Centre, the Broadcast Australia Radio Masts and two schools.