St Albans District
About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for St Albans District is 51,760, with a population density of 28.89 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
St Albans District is bounded by Taylors Road and Green Gully Road in the north, Taylors Creek in the east, the Western Ring Road and Jones Creek in the south and Gladstone Street, Station Road, Main Road West, Kororoit Creek and the City of Melton municipal boundary in the west.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (18 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the 1880s, with the township of St Albans established in 1887. Land was used mainly for farming. Significant development did not occur until the post-war years, aided by immigration. Rapid growth took place through to the 1980s. The population fluctuated slightly from the early 1990s, a result of small changes in dwelling stock and the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
St Albans District is an established residential area, with a commercial area around the intersection of Main Road East and the railway line.
Major features of the area include Victoria University (St Albans Campus), Sunshine Hospital, Western Day Surgery, St Albans Shopping Centre, St Albans Market, McKechnie Park, International Gardens Reserve, Kings Park Reserve, Cyril Clements Reserve, Kulin Wetlands, Westvale Community Centre, the Sunshine Quarry, the St Albans, Ginifer and Keilor Plains railway stations and numerous schools.
St Albans District includes the suburbs of Kealba, Kings Park and St Albans.