About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Goodwood Ward is 6,649, with a population density of 24.56 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Goodwood Ward is bounded by Greenhill Road in the north, the tramway, Bendall Avenue, John Street, Albert Street and Weller Street in the east, Mitchell Street, Goodwood Road, Victoria Street and the tramway in the south and South Road and the Anzac Highway in the west.
Goodwood Ward is named after a place in Chichester, England.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (3 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1849, with land used mainly for farming, orcharding, grazing and dairying. Growth took place in the late 1800s, spurred by improved access. Significant development occurred in the early to mid 1900s. The population declined slightly during the early 1990s, was relatively stable between 1996 and 2001, and then increased gradually between 2001 and 2011 as new dwellings were added to the area and the average number of persons living in each dwelling increased.
Goodwood Ward is an established residential area, with commercial areas along Goodwood Road and a military and industrial area in the north-west.
Major features of the area include Keswick Barracks, Army Museum of South Australia, Adelaide Showground, Unley Swimming Centre, Wayville Sports Centre, Everard Park Reserve, Forestville Reserve, Souter Park, Wayville Reserve, Goodwood Community Centre, the Adelaide Showground and Goodwood railway stations and several schools.
Goodwood Ward encompasses the suburb of Everard Park, most of the suburbs of Forestville, Goodwood and Wayville, the City of Unley part of the suburb of Keswick, and the north-eastern part of the suburb of Millswood.