About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Fullarton Ward is 7,203, with a population density of 28.69 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Fullarton Ward is bounded by Wattle Street in the north, Glen Osmond Road in the east, Cross Road in the south and West Terrace, Balmoral Street and Windsor Street in the west.
Fullarton Ward is named after Jane Fullarton, the wife an early land holder.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (3 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1839, with land used mainly for farming and orcharding. Gradual growth took place during the late 1800s. Significant development occurred in the early to mid 1900s. The population fluctuated slightly during the 1990s, and then increased slightly between 2001 and 2011.
Fullarton Ward is an established residential area, with commercial areas along Glen Osmond Road.
Major features of the area include Ferguson Avenue Reserve, Fraser Reserve, Fullarton Park, Ridge Park, Scammell Reserve, Yeo Avenue Reserve, Fullarton Park Community Centre, Disability Services and numerous schools.
Fullarton Ward encompasses the suburbs of Highgate and Myrtle Bank, and the southern part of the suburb of Fullarton.