Clarence Park Ward
About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Clarence Park Ward is 7,247, with a population density of 33.95 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Clarence Park Ward is bounded by the tramway and Victoria Street in the north, Goodwood Road in the east, Cross Road in the south and South Road in the west.
Clarence Park Ward is named after the Duke of Clarence.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (2 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1849, with land used mainly for farming, orcharding, grazing and dairying. Growth took place in the late 1800s, spurred by improved access. Significant development occurred in the early to mid 1900s. The population generally increased slightly between 1991 and 2011 as new dwellings were added to the area, particularly medium density housing.
Clarence Park Ward is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Forest Avenue Reserve, Goodwood Oval, Millswood Park, Page Park, SASMEE Park, Dora Gild Playground, Princess Margaret Playground, Clarence Park Community Centre, the Clarence Park and Emerson railway stations and one school.
Clarence Park Ward encompasses the suburbs of Black Forest and Clarence Park, the south-eastern part of the suburb of Forestville, the south-western part of the suburb of Goodwood, and the western part of the suburb of Millswood.