About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Goodwood is 3,048, with a population density of 33.49 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Goodwood is bounded by Leader Street, Parsons Street and Simpson Parade in the north, King William Road in the east, Lanor Avenue, Clifton Street and Victoria Street in the south and the Noarlunga/Belair railway line in the west.
Goodwood is named after the seat of the Duke of Richmond in Chichester, England.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1839 when the first land grant was made. Land was used mainly for farming, orcharding, grazing and dairying. Growth took place in the late 1800s, spurred by improved access and the establishment of the township of Goodwood. Significant development occurred in the early to mid 1900s. The population declined slightly during the 1990s, and then increased slightly between 2001 and 2011 as new dwellings were added to the area and the average number of persons living in each dwelling increased.
Goodwood is an established residential area, with commercial areas along Goodwood Road.
Major features of the area include Souter Park, Goodwood Community Centre and two schools.