City of PlayfordCommunity profile
Skip to content

Elizabeth Vale

About the profile areas

The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Elizabeth Vale is 3,478, with a population density of 15.82 persons per hectare.

Location and boundaries

Elizabeth Vale is bounded by Hogarth Road in the north, Main North Road in the east, the Little Para River and a line running to the south of Prunus Avenue and Wayford Street in the south, and Jarvis Road, John Rice Avenue, Mark Road, Oldham Road and Trimmer Road in the west.

Name origin

Elizabeth Vale is named for an area near Elizabeth, which is named after Queen Elizabeth II.

Settlement history

Settlement of the area dates from 1955, when the South Australian Housing Trust established a new town to accommodate the growth in immigration, population and industrial development. Rapid growth took place during the late 1950s and 1960s. The population declined between 1991 and 2006, and then increased slightly between 2006 and 2011 as new dwellings were added to the area.

Land use

Elizabeth Vale is an established residential and industrial area, with industry located mainly in the west.

Major features

Major features of the area include Lyell McEwin Hospital, Elizabeth Vale Shopping Centre, Mofflin Reserve, Boundary Park and one school.

Included areas

This small area encompasses the City of Playford part of the suburb of Elizabeth Vale. Part of the suburb of Elizabeth Vale is located in the City of Salisbury.