City of PlayfordCommunity profile
Skip to content

Elizabeth Park

About the profile areas

The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Elizabeth Park is 3,440, with a population density of 14.26 persons per hectare.

Location and boundaries

Elizabeth Park is bounded by Garlick Road and Yorktown Road in the north, the Turner Drive alignment and a line running to the south of Adam Creek in the east, a line running to the south of Olive Grove Reserve and Yorktown Road in the south, and Main North Road in the west.

Name origin

Elizabeth Park is named for an area near Elizabeth, which is named after Queen Elizabeth II.

Settlement history

Development of the area dates primarily from 1955, when the South Australian Housing Trust established a new town to accommodate the growth in immigration, population and industrial development. Rapid growth took place during the late 1950s and 1960s. The population declined slightly between 1991 and 2006, a result of little change in dwelling stock and a decline in the average number of persons living in each dwelling. The population and dwelling stock were relatively stable between 2006 and 2011.

Land use

Elizabeth Park is an established residential area, with a small commercial area.

Major features

Major features of the area include The Parks Shopping Centre, Fremont Park, Davey Reserve, Dwight Reserve, Jubilee Park, Olive Grove Reserve and two schools.