About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Elizabeth South is 2,786, with a population density of 7.70 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Elizabeth South is bounded by Ridley Road in the north, Harvey Road, Hogarth Road, Trimmer Road, Oldham Road, Mark Road, John Rice Avenue and Jarvis Road in the east, Porter Street and Commercial Road in the south, and the Gawler railway line in the west.
Elizabeth South is named for the area south of Elizabeth, which is named after Queen Elizabeth II.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (4 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1955, when the South Australian Housing Trust established a new town to accommodate the growth in immigration, population and industrial development. Rapid growth took place during the late 1950s and 1960s. The population has declined slightly since the early 1990s, a result of few new dwellings being added to the area and a decline in the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Elizabeth South is an established residential and industrial area.
Major features of the area include the General Motors Holden Automotive Plant, Elizabeth South Shopping Centre, Willison Reserve and one school.