About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Liverpool is 27,702, with a population density of 43.34 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Liverpool is bounded by Cabramatta Creek, Orange Grove Road and Lachlan Street in the north, the railway line and the Georges River in the east, the South Western Motorway, Liverpool Street and Hoxton Park Road in the south and Maxwells Creek and Cabramatta Creek in the west.
Liverpool is named after the Earl of Liverpool, who at the time was the Secretary of State for the Colonies.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (6 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1810, being one of the oldest areas of settlement within Liverpool City. Growth took place in the mid 1800s, following the opening of the railway line in 1856. Significant development occurred during the post-war years. The population has increased since the early 1990s, a result of new dwellings being added to the area, particularly medium and high density housing.
Liverpool is an established residential, industrial and commercial area.
Major features of the area include the Liverpool CBD, Westfield Liverpool Shopping Centre, Liverpool Plaza Shopping Centre, TAFE NSW South Western Sydney Institute (Liverpool College), Liverpool Hospital, Sydney Southwest Private Hospital, Whitlam Leisure Centre, Liverpool Cemetery, Liverpool Bicentennial Museum, Collingwood Historic House, Council offices, Bigge Park, Collimore Park, Discovery Park, Ireland Park, Lehmanns Oval, Light Horse Park, Liverpool Pioneers Memorial Park, Paciullo Park, Schell Park, Woodward Park, Liverpool City Netball Centre, the Liverpool railway station and numerous schools.