About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Holsworthy is 5,691, with a population density of 0.97 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Holsworthy is bounded by the railway line, the suburb of Wattle Grove, Heathcote Road and Harris Creek in the north, Williams Creek, Heathcote Road and Deadmans Creek in the east, Sutherland Shire and Campbelltown City in the south and the Georges River in the west.
Holsworthy is named after the Holdsworthy village in England. It was originally a settlement called Eckersley.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (59 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the early 1800s, with land used mainly for farms, vineyards and orchards. The army took possession of most of the area for military training in 1913. Significant residential development did not occur until the post-war years. The population has increased since the mid 1990s, a result of new dwellings being added to the area.
Holsworthy is an established residential and military area.
Major features of the area include Holsworthy Barracks, Holsworthy Military Reserve, Holsworthy Airfield (Luscombe Airport), Harris Creek Reserve, Holsworthy Aquatic Centre, the Holsworthy railway station and a number of schools.
This small area encompasses the Liverpool City part of the locality of Holsworthy, with the remaining parts located in Sutherland Shire and Campbelltown City.