About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Ingleburn is 16,893, with a population density of 13.54 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Ingleburn is bounded by Bunbury Curran Creek, the railway line, Henderson Road and the suburb of Macquarie Fields in the north, the Georges River in the east, the suburb of Minto Heights, Myrtle Creek, the suburb of Minto and the transmission line in the south, and the Hume Highway and Zouch Road in the west.
Ingleburn is thought to be named after a town in England, or after an early property in the area.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (12 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the early 1800s, with land used mainly for farming. Land was first subdivided in 1885. The town grew quickly and had its own Council from 1896 to 1948. Significant residential development occurred from the post-war years, aided by public housing construction from the 1950s, and industrial growth from the 1970s. The population fluctuated slightly between 1991 and 2011, a result of small changes in dwelling stock and the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Ingleburn is a residential and industrial area, with some rural areas in the south, and some commercial land use.
Major features of the area include Ingleburn Town Centre, Ingleburn Fair Shopping Centre, Lagonda Shopping Village, the Ingleburn industrial area, Bicentenary Reserve, Digger Black Reserve, Edna Reserve, Ingleburn Reserve, Ingleburn Memorial Park, Koala Walk Reserve, Symonds Reserve, Westland Memorial Park, Wood Park, the Georges River and a number of schools.