910 people in Broadmeadows have a tertiary qualification.
Educational Qualifications relate to education outside of primary and secondary school and are one of the most important indicators of socio-economic status. With other data sources, such as Employment Status, Income and Occupation, Broadmeadows's Educational Qualifications help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of the area and identify skill gaps in the labour market.
Derived from the Census question:
'What is the level of the highest qualification the person has completed?'
Persons aged 15 years and over
|Highest qualification achieved|
|Broadmeadows - Total persons (Enumerated)||2011||2006||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Hume City||Number||%||Hume City||2006 to 2011|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||526||6.5||11.1||5001||328||4.4||8.4||+197|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||384||4.8||7.1||5002||256||3.4||5.7||+129|
|Total persons aged 15+||8,067||100.0||100.0||7,443||100.0||100.0||+624|
Analysis of the qualifications of the population in Broadmeadows in 2011 compared to Hume City shows that there was a lower proportion of people holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion of people with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 22.8% of the population aged 15 and over held educational qualifications, and 57.6% had no qualifications, compared with 35.4% and 53.7% respectively for Hume City.
The major differences between qualifications held by the population of Broadmeadows and Hume City were:
- A larger percentage of persons with No qualifications (57.6% compared to 53.7%)
- A smaller percentage of persons with Vocational qualifications (11.5% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of persons with Bachelor or Higher degrees (6.5% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of persons with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (4.8% compared to 7.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications of the population in Broadmeadows between 2006 and 2011 were in those with:
- Bachelor or Higher degrees (+197 persons)
- Vocational qualifications (+161 persons)
- Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (+129 persons)
- No qualifications (-60 persons)