924 people in Broadmeadows have a tertiary qualification.
Educational Qualifications relate to education outside of primary and secondary school and are one of the most important indicators of socio-economic status. With other data sources, such as Employment Status, Income and Occupation, Broadmeadows's Educational Qualifications help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of the area and identify skill gaps in the labour market.
Derived from the Census question:
'What is the level of the highest qualification the person has completed?'
Persons aged 15 years and over
|Highest qualification achieved|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Hume City||Number||%||Hume City||2006 to 2011|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||537||6.6||11.1||5001||339||4.5||8.3||+198|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||387||4.8||7.1||5002||259||3.5||5.7||+128|
|Total persons aged 15+||8,116||100.0||100.0||7,476||100.0||100.0||+640|
Analysis of the qualifications of the population in Broadmeadows in 2011 compared to Hume City shows that there was a lower proportion of people holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion of people with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 22.9% of the population aged 15 and over held educational qualifications, and 57.6% had no qualifications, compared with 35.5% and 53.7% respectively for Hume City.
The major differences between qualifications held by the population of Broadmeadows and Hume City were:
- A larger percentage of persons with No qualifications (57.6% compared to 53.7%)
- A smaller percentage of persons with Vocational qualifications (11.5% compared to 17.3%)
- A smaller percentage of persons with Bachelor or Higher degrees (6.6% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of persons with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (4.8% compared to 7.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications of the population in Broadmeadows between 2006 and 2011 were in those with:
- Bachelor or Higher degrees (+198 persons)
- Vocational qualifications (+139 persons)
- Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (+128 persons)