About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Allambie Heights is 7,576, with a population density of 11.58 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Allambie Heights is bounded by Aquatic Drive, Allambie Road, Rodborough Road, Ethie Road and Owen Stanley Avenue in the north, the Peninsula Industrial Estate, Allenby Park Parade, Lyly Road, the southern edge of TAFE NSW Northern Sydney Institute, Old Pittwater Road and Condamine Road in the east, Manly Creek, Bangaroo Street and Manning Street in the south, and the southern edge of Wakehurst Golf Club and Wakehurst Parkway in the west.
Allambie Heights is named from an Aboriginal word meaning "peaceful place".
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (7 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates mainly from the 1880s, with the Manly Dam built in 1892. Significant development occurred in the post-war years, especially during the 1950s and 1960s. The population increased marginally from the mid 1990s as new dwellings were added to the area, particularly medium density housing.
Allambie Heights is an established residential area, with substantial areas of bushland, especially in the west.
Major features of the area include Manly Reservoir, Manly Dam, Wakehurst Golf Club, Allambie Heights Public Hall, Allambie Heights Oval, Allenby Park, Gumbooya Aboriginal Rock Carvings Reserve, Manly Dam Reserve, Manly-Warringah War Memorial Park, Arranounbai School and two other schools.