About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Kenthurst is 5,189, with a population density of 1.14 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Kenthurst is bounded generally by O’Haras Creek and the locality of Glenorie in the north, the localities of Middle Dural and Dural in the east, the locality of Glenhaven and Dooral Dooral Creek in the south, and Cattai Creek, the locality of Annangrove, Blue Gum Creek and Cattai Creek in the west.
Kenthurst is named after the English county of Kent, with "hurst", meaning a woody hillock.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (46 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1823 when the first land grants were made. Land was used mainly for farming and timber-getting. Some growth took place in the late 1800s, aided by the establishment of many orchards. The most significant development occurred in the post-war years. The population increased slightly from the early 1990s as new dwellings were added to the area.
Kenthurst is a predominantly rural and rural-residential area.
Major features of the area include Kenthurst Shopping Village, Blue Gum Creek Reserve, Holland Reserve, Kenthurst Park, Max Mannix Studio, The Hills Grammar School, Marian Catholic College and two other schools.
This area encompasses most of the locality of Kenthurst. A small part of the locality of Kenthurst is included in the Annangrove - Nelson - Maraylya small area.