Sippy Downs Activity Centre
Education institution attending
33% of people in Sippy Downs Activity Centre attended an educational institution in 2011.
The share of Sippy Downs Activity Centre's population attending educational institutions reflects the age structure of the population, as it is influenced by the number of children attending school; proximity to tertiary education, which can mean young adults leaving home to be nearer to educational facilities and; the degree to which people are seeking out educational opportunities in adulthood, especially in their late teens and early twenties.
This data is often combined with Age Structure to identify areas with significant university student populations.
Derived from the Census question:
'What type of educational institution is the person attending?'
Analysis of the share of the population attending educational institutions in Sippy Downs Activity Centre in 2011 compared to Sunshine Coast shows that there was a higher proportion attending primary school, a higher proportion attending secondary school, and a higher proportion engaged in tertiary level education.
Overall, 9.9% of the population were attending primary school, 7.9% of the population were attending secondary institutions, and 12.7% were learning at a tertiary level, compared with 8.6%, 6.2% and 4.7% respectively for Sunshine Coast.
The major differences between the share of the population attending learning institutions in Sippy Downs Activity Centre and Sunshine Coast were:
- A larger percentage of persons attending University (10.7% compared to 3.1%)
- A larger percentage of persons attending a Catholic secondary school (6.0% compared to 4.0%)
- A larger percentage of persons attending a Government secondary school (7.9% compared to 6.2%)
- A smaller percentage of persons not attending (63.7% compared to 72.9%)
From 2006 to 2011, Sippy Downs Activity Centre's population increased by 2,415 people (+34.0%). This represents an average annual change of 6.03% per year over the period.
The largest changes in the number of persons attending education institutions in Sippy Downs Activity Centre, between 2006 and 2011 were in those who nominated:
- University (+340 persons)
- Secondary school (+320 persons)
- Primary school (+317 persons)
- Secondary - Government (+275 persons)