Hamilton South - Hamilton East
About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Hamilton South - Hamilton East is 5,262, with a population density of 31.86 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Hamilton South - Hamilton East is bounded by Parry Street, TAFE NSW Hunter Institute and Parry Street in the north, National Park Street, Parkway Avenue, Smith Street, Dumaresq Street, Parkway Avenue, Union Street, Kemp Street and Jenner Parade in the east, Stewart Avenue (Pacific Highway), Gordon Avenue and Glebe Road in the south, and Chatham Street, Darling Street, Lowe Street, Hibberd Street, Beaumont Street, Dumaresq Street and Gordon Avenue in the west.
Hamilton South and Hamilton East are named after Edward Terrick Hamilton, Governor of the Australian Agricultural Company from 1856 to 1898.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (2 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates primarily from the 1840s. Rapid growth took place from the 1880s into the early 1900s, aided by improved access. Significant development occurred from the 1950s. The population was relatively stable during the 1990s, and then increased slightly between 2001 and 2011 as new dwellings were added to the area and the average number of persons living in each dwelling increased.
Hamilton South - Hamilton East is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Darling Street Oval, Henry Park, Learmonth Park and one school.