Macclesfield and District
About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Macclesfield and District is 1,745, with a population density of 0.22 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Macclesfield & District is bounded by Pinchbeck Firetrack, the localities of Mount Barker and Wistow and Wellington Road in the north, the Alexandrina Council area in the east and south, and the localities of Paris Creek and Meadows, Whites Road, Hack Range Road and the locality of Echunga in the west.
Macclesfield was named after the Earl of Macclesfield.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (79 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1840, with land used mainly for grazing and crop farming. Growth took place from 1850. The area was known for its supply of brick and earth suitable for tile manufacturing. The population increased during the late 1990s as new dwellings were added to the area. The population fluctuated slightly between 2001 and 2011, a result of small changes in dwelling stock and the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Macclesfield & District encompasses the township of Macclesfield and surrounding rural-residential areas.
Major features of the area include Davenport Square, Macclesfield Sporting Complex, Lord Robinson Park, Stone Reserve, Day Paddock Park, Night Paddock Park, several wineries, the Angas River and one school.
Macclesfield & District includes the localities of Bugle Ranges, Flaxley and Green Hills Range, and the District Council of Mount Barker part of the locality of Macclesfield. Part of the locality of Macclesfield is located in the Alexandrina Council area.