Occupations of employment
There are more professionals in Daw Park than any other occupation.
Daw Park's occupation statistics quantify the occupations in which the residents work (which may be within the residing area or elsewhere). This will be influenced by the economic base and employment opportunities available in the area, education levels, and the working and social aspirations of the population. When viewed with other indicators, such as Educational Qualifications and Individual Income, Occupation is a key measure for evaluating Daw Park's socio-economic status and skill base.
Derived from the two Census questions:
'In the main job held last week, what was the person's occupation?' and 'What are the main tasks that the person himself/herself usually performs in that occupation?'
Persons aged 15 years and over
|Occupation of employment|
|Occupation||Number||%||City of Mitcham||Number||%||City of Mitcham||2006 to 2011|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||135||11.5||10.3||132||11.3||10.6||+3||15003|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||117||10.0||9.7||130||11.2||8.8||-14||15004|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||201||17.2||14.3||183||15.8||14.9||+17||15005|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||38||3.2||2.4||52||4.5||2.7||-14||15007|
|Total employed persons aged 15+||1,172||100.0||100.0||1,164||100.0||100.0||+8|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident population in Daw Park in 2011 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (350 people or 29.9%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (201 people or 17.2%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (135 people or 11.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 686 people in total or 58.5% of the employed resident population.
In comparison, the City of Mitcham employed 33.1% in Professionals; 14.3% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; and 10.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the population of Daw Park and the City of Mitcham were:
- A larger percentage of persons employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (17.2% compared to 14.3%)
- A larger percentage of persons employed as Labourers (8.4% compared to 6.4%)
- A larger percentage of persons employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (11.5% compared to 10.3%)
- A smaller percentage of persons employed as Professionals (29.9% compared to 33.1%)
The number of employed people in Daw Park increased by 8 between 2006 and 2011.
There were no major differences in Daw Park between 2006 and 2011.