About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Melrose Park is 2,215, with a population density of 16.21 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Melrose Park is bounded by Edward Street in the north, Winston Avenue in the east, Daws Road in the south, and South Road in the west.
Melrose Park is named after the aviator Jimmy Melrose, who competed in the 1934 England to Australia Air Race. It was previously known as Edwardstown.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the late 1830s, with land used mainly for farming. Growth was minimal until the late 1800s. Significant development took place from the 1910s to the 1930s, with much of the housing constructed by the State Bank for war service homes. The population and dwelling stock have been relatively stable since the early 1990s.
Melrose Park is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Kegworth Reserve, Marion Reserve, Mead Reserve, Rozelle Reserve and one school.