City of MeltonCommunity profile
census-message-logo

2016 Census data will be released soon and we're busy behind the scenes getting this website ready. Read our plan.

Skip to content

Cobblebank - Strathtulloh

Internet connection

In 2011, 71% of homes in Cobblebank - Strathtulloh had a broadband internet connection.

A fast Internet Connection is increasingly required for accessing essential information and undertaking domestic and non-domestic business. Households with dial-up or no internet service are being left behind in the digital divide as both government and the private sector are increasingly conducting their business, or aspects of it, on-line.

Internet connectivity in Cobblebank - Strathtulloh can be affected by availability of connection, Education, Household Income and Age Structure.

Derived from the Census question:

'Can the Internet be accessed at this dwelling?'

Households

Type of internet connection
Cobblebank - Strathtulloh - Households20112006Change
Connection typeNumber%City of Melton %Number%City of Melton %2006 to 2011
Total internet connection
8574.878.27668.162.1+9
map this data in atlas.idBroadband connection8171.471.53128.339.2+50
Dial-up connection
33.42.84439.822.3-41
Other connection
00.03.900.00.60
No internet connection
1311.815.12623.531.5-13
Not stated
1513.46.798.46.4+6

Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing 2006 and 2011. Compiled and presented by .id , the population experts.

Type of internet connection, 2011
Type of internet connection, 2011 Not stated, City of Melton: 6.7% No internet connection, City of Melton: 15.1% Other connection, City of Melton: 3.9% Dial-up connection, City of Melton: 2.8% Broadband connection, City of Melton: 71.5% Total internet connection, City of Melton: 78.2% Not stated, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: 13.4% No internet connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: 11.8% Other connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: 0.0% Dial-up connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: 3.4% Broadband connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: 71.4% Total internet connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: 74.8%
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing, 2011 (Enumerated data)
Compiled and presented in profile.id by .id, the population experts.
Change in type of internet connection, 2006 to 2011
Change in type of internet connection, 2006 to 2011 Not stated, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: +6 No internet connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: -13 Other connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: 0 Dial-up connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: -41 Broadband connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: +50 Total internet connection, Cobblebank - Strathtulloh: +9
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing, 2006 and 2011 (Enumerated data)
Compiled and presented in profile.id by .id, the population experts.

Dominant groups

Analysis of the type of internet connection of households in Cobblebank - Strathtulloh compared to City of Melton shows that there was a lower proportion of households with either no internet connection or a dial up connection, and a similar proportion of households with broadband connectivity.

Overall 15.1% of households had no internet connection or a dial up connection, and 71.4% had broadband connectivity, compared with 17.9% and 71.5% respectively in City of Melton.

Emerging groups

Between 2006 and 2011 the number of households with an internet connection increased by 9.

The largest change in the internet connectivity in Cobblebank - Strathtulloh, between 2006 and 2011 was:

  • Broadband connection (+50 households)

To continue building your demographic story go to...

v17.06.20-1.0.0