About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Kingsgrove is 3,551, with a population density of 26.10 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Kingsgrove is bounded by the City of Canterbury Bankstown and the South Western Motorway in the north, Kingsgrove Road in the east, Irene Crescent and Stoney Creek Road in the south, and Kings Place, Colwell Street, Morgan Street, Colwell Street, The Crescent and Tallawalla Street in the west.
Kingsgrove is named after Governor Philip Gidley King.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1804 when the first land grant was made. Population was minimal until the mid 1800s, with land used mainly for farming. Gradual growth took place in the late 1800s. More substantial growth occurred in the 1930s, following the opening of the railway line. Significant development occurred during the post-war years. The population has been relatively stable since the early 1990s, a result of little change in dwelling stock and the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Kingsgrove is an established residential and industrial area, with some small commercial areas.
Major features of the area include Peter Lowe Reserve, Smith Park, Walter James Butler Playground, Kingsgrove Community Aid Centre, the Kingsgrove railway station and a number of schools.
This area encompasses the Georges River Council area part of the suburb of Kingsgrove. The remaining parts of the suburb of Kingsgrove are located in the City of Canterbury Bankstown and the Bayside Council area.