About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Findon Ward is 14,720, with a population density of 24.48 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Findon Ward is bounded by Trimmer Parade in the north, Findon Road in the east, the River Torrens in the south, and Tapleys Hill Road, Marlborough Street, the suburb of Henley Beach, Grange Road and Tapleys Hill Road in the west.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (6 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1839 when the first land grant was made. Land was used mainly for market gardening and farming, with some gravel mining. Some growth took place in the interwar period, however population was minimal until the post-war years. Rapid development took place from the 1950s to the 1970s. The population declined marginally between 1991 and 2006, and then increased slightly between 2006 and 2011 as new dwellings were added to the area.
Findon Ward is an established residential area, with an industrial area to the west of Findon Road.
Major features of the area include River Torrens Linear Park (Blamey and George Jones Reserves), Fulham Gardens Shopping Centre, Angley Reserve, Collins Reserve, David Reserve, Debney Reserve, Devonshire Reserve, Findon Reserve, George Jones Reserve, Gleneagles Reserve, Matheson Reserve, Murphy Reserve, Nedford Reserve, Telford Reserve, The Don Klaebe Reserve, Valentine Reserve, Walter Kidman Reserve and several schools.
Findon Ward encompasses the suburb of Kidman Park, and parts of the suburbs of Findon, Fulham Gardens and Seaton.