About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Findon is 6,418, with a population density of 26.22 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Findon is bounded by Trimmer Parade and Findon Road in the north, Esk Street, Almond Avenue, a line running continuous of Almond Avenue, Princess Street and William Street in the east, Grange Road in the south, and Falkirk Avenue, Mill Street, Balcombe Avenue and Pioneer Street in the west.
Findon is named after a town in Sussex, England.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (2 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1839 when the first land grant was made, with the first subdivision in 1848. Land was used mainly for market gardening and farming, with some gravel mining. Some growth took place in the interwar period, however population was minimal until the post-war years. Rapid development took place during the 1950s and 1960s. The population declined marginally during the 1990s, and then increased slightly between 2001 and 2011, largely a result of new dwellings being added to the area.
Findon is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Adelaide Arena, Almond Reserve, Angley Reserve, Dampier Reserve, David Reserve, Findon Reserve, Matheson Reserve, Pamela Reserve, Telford Reserve, The Don Klaebe Reserve and two schools.