Noraville - Norah Head
About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Noraville - Norah Head is 4,124, with a population density of 7.08 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Noraville - Norah Head is bounded by the suburb of Toukley and Weripi Street in the north, the Tasman Sea in the east, the locality of Magenta in the south, and Evans Road and Bundara Road in the west.
Noraville is named after an original property in the area. Norah Head is thought to be named from the Aboriginal word "norah" meaning "large stone on which knives and axes were sharpened".
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (6 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the 1850s, with the main industries being farming and fishing. Population was minimal until the late 1800s, with the lighthouse built in 1904. Significant development did not occur until the 1970s. The population increased gradually during the 1990s, and then fluctuated slightly between 2001 and 2011, a result of small changes in dwelling stock and the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Noraville - Norah Head is a residential and tourist area, with parkland and conservation areas in the east and south.
Major features of the area include part of Wyrrabalong National Park, Norah Head Lighthouse, Cabbage Tree Harbour, Hargraves Beach, Jenny Dixon Beach, Lighthouse Beach, Pebbly Beach, Soldiers Beach, Bush Street Reserve, Cliff Street Reserve, Darren Kennedy Oval, Hargraves Reserve, Irene Parade Reserve, Jenny Dixon Reserve, Lions Park, Mazlin Reserve, Norah Head Lighthouse Reserve, Norah Head Sportsground, Norah Head Community Hall, Noraville Cemetery, the ocean foreshore, Ted Rafferty Cycleway, Toukley Public School and St Mary's Catholic Primary School.