About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Wilson is 6,659, with a population density of 17.41 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Wilson is bounded by Manning Road in the north, Fleming Avenue in the east, the Canning River in the south, and the City of South Perth and Centenary Avenue in the west.
Wilson is named after G H Wilson, an early land holder in the area.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (4 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1829 when the first land grant was made. Population was minimal until the 1890s. Significant development did not occur until the 1950s, when public housing construction commenced and land was subdivided. The population increased gradually from the mid 1990s as new dwellings were added to the area.
Wilson is an established residential and parkland area.
Major features of the area include Canning River Regional Park, Canning River Eco Education Centre, Castledare Miniature Railway (Wilson Park Station), Wilson Hall, Kent Street Weir, Alderley Park, Andrews Park, Aragon Park, Beaton Park, Bebington Court Park, Bridge Park, Bywater Park, Centenary Park, Cody Park, Fern Cove Park, Gledhill Park, Judy Pannell Reserve, Kent Street Weir Park, Margaret Park, Riverton Jetty Park, Thomas Moore Park, Wilson Park and two schools.