Shire of Campaspe
Occupations of employment
There are more managers in the Shire of Campaspe than any other occupation.
The Shire of Campaspe's occupation statistics quantify the occupations in which the residents work (which may be within the residing area or elsewhere). This will be influenced by the economic base and employment opportunities available in the area, education levels, and the working and social aspirations of the population. When viewed with other indicators, such as Educational Qualifications and Individual Income, Occupation is a key measure for evaluating the Shire of Campaspe's socio-economic status and skill base.
Derived from the two Census questions:
'In the main job held last week, what was the person's occupation?' and 'What are the main tasks that the person himself/herself usually performs in that occupation?'
Persons aged 15 years and over
|Occupation of employment|
|Shire of Campaspe||2011||2006||Change|
|Occupation||Number||%||Regional VIC||Number||%||Regional VIC||2006 to 2011|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,340||14.7||15.4||2,309||14.5||15.3||+31||15003|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,533||9.6||10.3||1,301||8.2||9.1||+232||15004|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,671||10.5||11.7||1,634||10.2||11.7||+37||15005|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,219||7.6||6.9||1,167||7.3||7.0||+52||15007|
|Total employed persons aged 15+||15,942||100.0||100.0||15,957||100.0||100.0||-15|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident population in Shire of Campaspe in 2011 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (2,950 people or 18.5%)
- Labourers (2,349 people or 14.7%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,340 people or 14.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 7,639 people in total or 47.9% of the employed resident population.
In comparison, Regional VIC employed 15.2% in Managers; 12.3% in Labourers; and 15.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the population of the Shire of Campaspe and Regional VIC were:
- A larger percentage of persons employed as Managers (18.5% compared to 15.2%)
- A larger percentage of persons employed as Labourers (14.7% compared to 12.3%)
- A smaller percentage of persons employed as Professionals (13.1% compared to 16.7%)
- A smaller percentage of persons employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.5% compared to 11.7%)
The number of employed people in Shire of Campaspe decreased by 15 between 2006 and 2011.
The largest changes in the occupations of residents between 2006 and 2011 in the Shire of Campaspe were for those employed as:
- Managers (-527 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+232 persons)
- Professionals (+150 persons)
- Labourers (-139 persons)