Leabrook - Erindale
About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Leabrook - Erindale is 2,822, with a population density of 23.88 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Leabrook - Erindale is bounded by Kensington Road in the north, Hallett Road in the east, a line running continuous of Newland Road, Newland Road, a line running continuous of Rosalind Street, Rosalind Street, Glynburn Road and Knightsbridge Road in the south, and Tusmore Avenue, a line running continuous of Dudley Road and Dudley Road in the west.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the 1840s, with land used mainly for farming. Growth took place during the late 1800s and early 1900s, with further expansion in the post-war years. Coopers Brewery operated in the area from 1881 till 2001, when it was relocated to Regency Park. The population increased slightly from the mid 1990s as new dwellings were added to the area.
Leabrook - Erindale is an established residential area, with commercial areas along Kensington Road.
Major features of the area include Constable Hyde Memorial Garden, Effie Ferguson Reserve, Harris Reserve, Knightsbridge Reserve, Newland Park and Philps Reserve.