Dulwich - Rose Park
About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Dulwich - Rose Park is 3,106, with a population density of 27.66 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Dulwich - Rose Park is bounded by Kensington Road in the north, Prescott Terrace and a line running continuous of Prescott Terrace in the east, Greenhill Road in the south, and Fullarton Road in the west.
Dulwich is named after a settlement in the London Borough of Southwark. Rose Park is named after Sir John Rose, former Chairman of the South Australia Company.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1840, with land used mainly for farming. Population was minimal until the late 1870s when Rose Park was subdivided, with further subdivision during the late 1800s. Expansion continued during the early 1900s and the interwar period. The Queen Victoria Hospital operated from 1902 until 1995. The population declined slightly during the 1990s, a result of the closure of the Eldercare aged care facility and the Queen Victoria Hospital. The population increased slightly between 2001 and 2011.
Dulwich - Rose Park is an established residential area, with some commercial land use along Fullarton Road and Greenhill Road.
Major features of the area include Albert Street Reserve, Hewitt Avenue Reserve, Webb Street Reserve, Dulwich Community Centre and a number of schools.