About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Beaumont is 2,690, with a population density of 16.98 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Beaumont is bounded by Cooper Place, Glynburn Road and McAllan Avenue in the north, Waterfall Gully Road and the locality of Waterfall Gully in the east, a line running continuous of Sherwood Terrace and Sherwood Terrace in the south, and Sunnyside Road and Devereux Road in the west.
Beaumont is named after an original property in the area, which was named from a French word meaning "beautiful mount".
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (2 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from 1846. Land was subdivided in 1849 in the style of an English village and laid out around a common. However, population was minimal until the 1870s, and land remained largely rural until the early 1900s. Expansion continued during the interwar and post-war periods. The population increased slightly between 1996 and 2006 as new dwellings were added to the area. The population was relatively stable between 2006 and 2011, a result of few new dwellings being added and a decline in the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Beaumont is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Beaumont (historic) House, Beaumont Common, Brock Reserve, Davenport Olive Reserve and Short Crescent Reserve.