About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Milton is 2,345, with a population density of 19.53 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Milton is bounded by Baroona Road, Fernberg Road, Guthrie Street, Isaac Street, Hall Street and Caxton Street in the north, Hale Street and Boomerang Street in the east, the Brisbane River in the south, and Lang Parade, Roy Street, Eagle Terrace, Torwood Street, Haig Road and Bayswater Street in the west.
Milton is named after an original property in the area, which was thought to be named after John Milton, the English poet.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the 1840s, with land used mainly for farming and grazing. The Milton Brewery was established in 1877. Industrial and residential growth took place in the 1880s, spurred by subdivision and the construction of the railway line. Significant development occurred during the post-war years, with many apartments and units built from the 1970s. The population has increased since the early 1990s, a result of new dwellings being added to the area.
Milton is an industrial, recreational, commercial and residential area.
Major features of the area include Suncorp Stadium (Lang Park), XXXX Castlemaine Perkins Milton Brewery, Centro Milton Shopping Centre, Gregory Park, Frew Park, Milton Park, St Francis Anglican Theological College and one school.