About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Manly is 4,235, with a population density of 21.72 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Manly is bounded by Moreton Bay in the north and east, Royal Esplanade, Britannia Street, a line running continuous of Britannia Street, Whites Road and Preston Road in the south, and Peel Street and Gordon Parade in the west.
Manly is thought to be named after the beachside suburb in Sydney.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (2 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the 1860s, with land used mainly for farming. Growth took place in the 1880s, spurred by the construction of the railway line and land subdivision. Expansion continued during the early 1900s as the area became a popular seaside location. Significant development occurred from the 1950s, with the Boat Harbour built in 1958. The population has increased slightly since the early 1990s, a result of new dwellings being added to the area.
Manly is an established residential area.
Major features of the area include Manly Boat Harbour, Manly Harbour Village, Drevesen Park, Harman's Reserve and a number of schools.