About the profile areas
The 2015 Estimated Resident Population for Lutwyche is 3,179, with a population density of 35.59 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Lutwyche is bounded by Kedron Brook and Lutwyche Road in the north, Isedale Street, Almora Street, Felix Street, Torrance Street and McLennan Street in the east, Stoneleigh Street, Lutwyche Road and Fuller Street in the south, and Gilbert Road in the west.
Lutwyche is named after Alfred James Peter Lutwyche, an early land holder and Judge Resident at Moreton Bay Penal Settlement in 1859.
2015 ABS ERP
hectares (1 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the 1860s, with land used mainly for farming and brick-making. Growth took place from the 1880s into the early 1900s, following the opening of the railway line. Significant development occurred from the 1950s. The population has increased slightly since the early 1990s, a result of new dwellings being added to the area.
Lutwyche is an established residential area, with some commercial areas.
Major features of the area include Centro Lutwyche Shopping Centre, Bradshaw Park, Prentice Park and W. A. Jolly Park.