About the profile areas
The 2016 Estimated Resident Population for Keperra is 7,291, with a population density of 13.32 persons per hectare.
Location and boundaries
Keperra is bounded by Kedron Brook in the north, Ryland Street, Woking Street, Essex Street, Blaker Road, Church Road, Samford Road and a line joining Samford Road and the Enoggera Military Camp in the east, the Enoggera Military Camp, Yarrabee Road and Settlement Road in the south, and the Keperra Bushland, Cobalt Street, Glengarry Road and Samford Road in the west.
Keperra is named from an Aboriginal word thought to mean "young man". It was originally known as Grovely West.
2016 ABS ERP
hectares (5 Km2)
persons per hectare
Settlement of the area dates from the 1860s, with land used mainly for farming. Population was minimal until subdivision in the early 1900s and the construction of the railway line in 1918. A military camp was established in 1940, with this land transferred to the Housing Commission for housing development in 1951. The population has been relatively stable since the early 1990s, a result of some new dwellings being added to the area, but a decline in the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Keperra is a predominantly residential area, with some commercial areas, and some undeveloped areas in the south.
Major features of the area include Keperra Country Golf Club, Great Western Super Centre, Brisbane North Institute of TAFE (Grovely Campus), Keperra Bushland, Grovely Sports Ground, Kev McKell Oval and two schools.